Monday, June 16, 2008

Los'fer Words

I have been sitting on this one and I am sure it will stir up a hornet's nest of mail and comments but it is on my mind and my heart.

Last Friday my boss and I (a former divinity student and active member of the Episcopal Church of the United States dropped a bombshell on me. He does not believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected. He said something about that Jesus was the pinnacle of man and he died a horrible death, but he was not raised from the dead. We were just getting into this when he had to leave for a meeting. I wish he would have given me more time but maybe God has other plans for this.

All I can say is, "wow". I cannot wrap my head around the concept of a Christian not believing in the Deity of Christ. Why attend a Christian church if you do not believe in one of tenets of the faith?

In my days before I accepted Jesus and my personal savior, I struggled with the Trinity. I had no problem believing in God, but I had problems with personifying him. I cannot imaging a person going to Divinity school and graduating a non-believer. That just boggles my mind. So much so that I have no words for it.

I guess I need to pray for my boss.

No comments: