Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dogman

That should be my new nickname. We have been getting a lot of requests to pet sit the past 6 months or so.

The first was Jazzy, a very exuberant Yellow Lab (3 years old) that was pure torture to watch because she is so hyper. If we do not sit for her again I won't complain.

Mickey and Mary asked me to stay at their house and sit their three mini poodles about a year ago. That was easy. Those were the best dogs to watch since I was not in my house but their's.


The next was Kelsey (above), a mix that I cannot quite determine just by looking at her. She has a Pit Bull look to her only she is trimmer, not as wide or bulky. At eight years old she is highly energetic and loves to play. She sat in my office a bigger share of the week on the days I was working from home.

Monday my wife went out with Mickey's wife Mary and instead of leaving the newest member of her dog family at home, she brought Twinkie her and I got to watch her. Twinkie is a good dog bug has never been kept outside of M&M's house so she just sat by the door and waited for Mary to come back. My wife and Mary were gone for about three hours so it was not too bad.

Yesterday Kelsey's owner asked if we could watch her while she went to Las Vegas. We did not mind but it always seems we get these dog sitting gigs when I am on call.

Oh, I did forget one other time we pet sat. The property manager at church got his little girl a dog from the animal shelter for Christmas but did not have anyplace to keep it until he was ready to give it to her. He asked my wife and my wife asked me. I was okay with that but little did I know we were in for hell week. That dog (part Border Collie and part Energizer Bunny) had not stop energy, hated to be in the crate (whining all night long) and could jump over the dog fence we had that pinned her up in the kitchen. That was a very long three days.

People trust me and my wife to pet sit. We treat dogs better than a lot of people treat their kids and our church family knows this. Too bad we don't make any money off of it. If we charged HALF what kennels charged we could make a good second income.

No comments: