Thursday, April 03, 2008

WFH / WAFO

I have been able to Work From Home / Work Away From Office the past two days. Besides the fact I save $6.00 a day in gasoline (not sure home much electricity I am using but it has to be less than that), it really is nice to be in my own h0me office, getting up when I want, eating when I want and dressing how I want.

How did all this come around? My boss has flat out stated that since raises were practically non-existent, bonuses were small, and he cannot do much for us, that we needed to come up with ways to have perks that do not cost the company anything. My colleague came up with working from home 2 days a week and I came up with my company giving us our old laptops when they refresh us with new ones. Now to some of you that might not sound too neat, but to geek like me who only has one mediocre machine in the house (I have several dinosaurs that just don't cut it) and could use a second, this works out well. Will they agree? Prolly not, but at least I tried.

Oh, by the way, I will get a broadband and cell phone credit for working at home. It ain't much but it helps!

No comments: