Friday, April 18, 2008

Storm Wind

Thursday...storms dominated the evening. But I am getting ahead of myself, so let me back up.

Wednesday and Thursday are WAFO (Work Away From Office) days. We have a simu ring option on our hotline at work that rings two phones at the same time...me and my colleagues mobile phones. It isn't perfect but it is better than working from the office every day. Wednesday was light...not much went on and that made me happy.

Thursday I was working solo since my colleague had the day off. Again it was pretty slow...only three calls (two of which were not mine to handle) and then my shift was over. My wife wanted to get out of the house so she dropped me off at Best Buy while she went to Wal-Mart. I had a gift certificate (from work) I wanted to redeem and my wife needed to pick up a few things to take on vacation.

I ended up getting an LED flashlight with the gift certificate (I know, not much but it was only a $25 card) but it is cool and I can use it geocaching :-)

We got home as the storm winds were blowing pretty hard. Rain was on its way but the dogs still needed walked. I rushed out with both of them and made it back just before the rain came. And come it did.

We had a crazy storm hit the metroplex with hail hitting to the west of of us. It has to be the third week in a row we have had bad weather on the weekends. The storm blew through quickly and the rest of the night was calm albeit cold.

The next morning we packed up the van in the cool morning air to start our vacation trip to Florida. While we had hoped to get out by 7 AM, we did not leave until 8 AM or so. That was not bad because we made good time all the way to Jackson, MS...our stopover point and my first Geocaching outside TX since I started seven months ago.

Things were going great but then we ran into bad weather. We outran it but by the time we made it to Vicksburg for lunch, it caught up with us. As we finished the storm had past but our trek would take us back into it on the way to Jackson.

When we arrived in Jackson, the rain was coming down and we barely made it inside when the storm hit with a fury. No Geocaching for me on Friday. That is sad, but my wife told me that I could run out a bit before we left for Florida. I plan on getting up at 6 AM, walk the dogs and then grab a few caches before we leave. I have six mapped out close so I think I can get them before we leave.

The sun finally came out before it set but I did not want to chance caching at night in a strange city.

No comments: