Wednesday, April 30, 2008

God Is Good

While it is only Wednesday, I can say that God has been good to me so far.

* My first two days of on call have been uneventful.
* Work has been quiet (so far).
* The dog we are pet sitting has been a dream. She sits in the office with me and is very well behaved. She does not even act like she misses her owner at all.
* I have had two great nights sleep. The weather has been cool enough to make it comfortable.

I dropped off two travel bugs (TB's) at one of my caches that is close by last night. One originated in Texas and has been all over the US and parts of the world and is now back in the Lone Star State. The owner e-mailed me when he got the notification that I had collected it in Florida. He hopes to see it again soon. While I did grab one at lunch yesterday, it was only a small tide me over until I can get out after I am off house arrest. I may sneak out this weekend if it is slow. If nothing is going on by Sunday afternoon, then chances are I will be able to.

We grilled steaks last night for dinner. Say what you will about Kroger meats, but their filet mignon is good. Not steak house quality, but once I am done with it is is pretty darn tasty. The only other thing we had with dinner was a large salad and some light ice cream with fresh strawberries for dessert. Awesome.

I have an idea or two for new geocaches that I hope to investigate once I get off house arrest. I am itchin' to get out and hunting some as well. I hope to have 500 by my one year geocaching anniversary. I am at 393 right now.

No comments: