Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Homecoming

Normally, coming back home from vacation is the pits. I dread going back to my job and "the real world" just seems to drag me down. This time, it seems different. And it shouldn't. Things are not stacked in my favor this week:

* I am on call
* We are pet sitting (yes we have three dogs in our house this week, while I am on call)
* The master bathroom is out of commission until my wife finishes the floor (hey, she started the project...who am I to butt in?)
* I am operating on about 6 hours of sleep per night (last night I got seven)

Now, I realize it is only Tuesday and things do change but yesterday at work was slow and I did not get called last night (yeah!), the dog we are pet sitting has been very good and to top that off, she really like hanging out with me. She does not whine or bark and stays in her gated area (the utility room) without complaining.

I have also received a few e-mails from friends (which are coming at a good time for me). Some (actually most) are commenting on the beach pictures, while others are going through personal struggles and have allowed me to pray for them. I consider it a blessing to be able to pray for my friends. It helps me remember that God loves me. He has blessed me no matter what "bad" things have come my way. My soul is safe with him and is not doomed to an eternity in Hell away from my Lord.

Yesterday I "splurged" and ate lunch at Chik-Fil-A. I say splurge because a chicken sandwich combo with a shake instead of a soda is $7.19 . I normally do not pay more than $5 for lunch (when I eat out...which is rare) so this was a treat. I really had a hankering for their coffee-caramel milkshake and what better way to get one tha in a combo?

I am still in the process of weeding through a week of news so if blog posts are moer infrequent than normal then you know why.

No comments: