Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Caching In Apalachicola

We started the day later than I wanted to but it worked out nonetheless. My wife took The Golden for a walk and I took Little Man a little later. He was not interested in walking so our stroll was cut short. While my wife and her dog were out, I checked e-mail on the spotty “borrowed” WiFi we have been using. Since the weather back in Texas has been bad, the geocaching mail has been light. Other than that, nothing of any importance was in the inbox.

Later in the morning, we drove to Apalachicola for lunch, some exploring, and of course, geocaching. We spotted a great little cafe/grill in town and had a great lunch. My wife and I split a bowl of probably the best chowder we have ever had as an appetizer. It was very good...I could not believe how much my wife liked it.

For the main course, my wife had a salad topped with grilled shrimp and I had a blackened grouper sandwich. Both were great and the bill total was not as much as it was on the previous trip out and this meal was much better than that.

After lunch my wife and I wandered around town and grabbed a few caches. I only managed three out of the eight or so I had planned, but they were pretty nice little micros. One, listed as a micro was actually a nano...not sure why the hider chose to call it what he did. It did slow me down some but I managed to find it in short order. I was rather disappointed at the placement of most of the caches but I guess different areas have different ideas about how to hide a cache.

We came home about 4:00 PM and took care of the dogs and ate left overs from the night before. We have been pretty god about spending money so far...mostly because gas has been so high. We can go out once every other day for an average priced meal. While I do not mind eating leftovers, we are on vacation and I want to splurge just a little.

We do not have any plans for tomorrow. I guess we will take things as they come.

No comments: