Friday, April 25, 2008

Our Last Full Day

Upon waking up this morning my wife and I were both sad. It would be our last full day at this small piece of paradise and we were going to miss it. My wife asked if we could go back to Apalachicola today and I agreed that it would be fun. So after our normal morning ritual of coffee, breakfast, and a beach stroll, we got cleaned up and went into town.


We stopped off at the grill we had lunch at a few days before and again had a fantastic meal. After I paid the bill, we decided to try to grab a few geocaches (we only grabbed two, but we got some good pics) and explore. After a couple of hours of tooling around town, we headed back to the beach house. Before we got back I asked my wife if she would like some ice cream. Her eyes lit up (we had been pretty good so far this trip) and said yes. So we drove to Coneheads to grab some Blue Bell ice cream cones. On the way back, we stopped off at the Port Saint Joe Lighthouse. Both my wife and I were pretty disappointed, so we we just went back to the beach house.


We ate dinner and then took the dogs for a long walk. While I took the camera on our last night, I really wished I would have grabbed it the night before. That sunset was breath taking and par for the course, I missed it. I really need to take the camera with me everywhere.

No comments: