Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Have Had Better Mornings!

Things did not get off to a good start on Sunday. I took the dogs (both of them) out to use the bathroom but the oldest (and smallest) slipped coming down the steps and did an end over scaring us both but thankfully he was not hurt. He is old and his footing is not very good...not to mention we are in a beach house that is up on pilings so we have to climb steps to get to it. I was very worried and prayed that I did not cause him any real damage. Needless to say I carried him down the stairs the rest of the trip. I don't think he liked that much, either.

All day long we stayed close to the beach house...not once starting the van to go anywhere. It was beginning to dawn on us how far out we were. You literally had to drive 15 miles to get to anything other than a beach cottage. I did however get to see some dolphins earlier on in the day. That was pretty cool.

Wanting to check e-mail, we turned on the laptop and tried to connect via dial-up but TWC did not have a local number in the area. Hmmm....I had expected this so I let the laptop sniff for local wireless connections and found 4 nearby, but they were all too weak to cling to very long. Usually in the morning was the best and only time we could connect. I really hated “borrowing” other people's wifi, but 4 out of the 6 were unsecured an I would not have used them if a local dial-up number could be had. I guess I could have installed an AOL trial...or maybe Netzero, but I shiver at the thought of either of those being installed on a PC.

We took it easy the rest of the day and hit the beach only a couple of times...once in the morning and once in the evening...taking advantage of the local laws allowing dogs on the beaches here.

We ate some of the groceries that we brought with us all day but realized we would need more food soon. That would be rectified the next day since I had plans to leave the area and explore. With nothing more to do, we watched a little TV and fell asleep on the same comfy beds we slept in the night before.

No comments: