Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A (Dirty) Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste

What do these have in common:

magnify visitorAug 1712:29:15 PMsearch.yahoo.commichael jackson penis photos
magnify visitorAug 1712:09:32 PMsearch.yahoo.commiddle aged single male not gay
magnify visitorAug 1706:03:33 AMsearch.yahoo.comgay hardcore sex
magnify visitorAug 1608:40:22 PMsearch.yahoo.comchristian men struggles
magnify visitorAug 1410:19:17 AMsearch.yahoo.comdull sex to great sex
magnify visitorAug 1303:29:42 AMsearch.yahoo.commariah carey wardrobe
magnify visitorAug 1106:23:37 PMsearch.yahoo.comspanish hate americans
magnify visitorAug 1011:09:00 AMsearch.yahoo.comgenitalia pics
magnify visitorAug 908:06:36 AMsearch.yahoo.commichael jackson penis photos
magnify visitorAug 905:17:07 AMsearch.yahoo.commariah carey clothes fall pics
magnify visitorAug 808:17:07 PMsearch.yahoo.comthank you dull session
magnify visitorAug 506:21:17 PMweb.ask.comgirls performing acts on boys


Yes they are all web searches, but that is not what I am getting at. These are all searches that my blog has been included in. Ain't that a hoot? It boggles the mind to think about what others do web searches for. Don't they have better things to do?

Now I am not going back to search each one of these but if you comprehend the way search engines handle searches, you will understand why my blog was in each one. Because I will write about things that will make you think, sometimes my posts are have "key words" in them that search engines (like Yahoo!) pick up on. I have had 1 visitor from Singapore, one from South Korea, one from Canada, and the rest were from the US. The US and the Singapore visitors were the ones who were searching on the risque subject matter.

I enjoy going through my web logs (both for my blog and my main page, www.mistergeek.com . I get to see what kind of things people search for...and man do they search for some WEIRD things...Here are a few (exact) phrases that have been searched for (just in the past few months) from my main mistergeek.com page :

* calculus jokes
* compare rifle calibers
* christian geek
* sarah lane mini skirt
* pencil necked geek
* international beers geek
* i ve been spoofed
* spooky e-mails
* slutgirl
* groovy granny
* geek on scooter picture
* flaming pop tarts
* christian chicks in mini skirts
* mini skirts
* jokes about the name shielah

This is not an complete list, but just a few of the more interesting ones I have noticed over the past few months. I get tons of hits for "geek of the week", "Christian Geek", plus a ton for people who vanity surf (those who type in their names in their favorite search engines to see what comes up).

OK, so maybe that was boring, but geeks like me think it is funny/interesting.

I hope you have a blessed day :)

No comments: