Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Am Getting Better At This ...

When I first heard of Google's new voice/text chat proggie, I said to a colleague, "We better watch out for Google. They are going to be the next Microsoft." He laughed, but oddly enough I am not alone. Read this and you will see what I am talking about.

First, Google made a fantastic search engine. Then they had Picasa (a photo tool), Gmail (a free web based e-mail that has insane amounts of storage), and now Google Talk. Rumor has it they are working on a browser and if the conspiracy theories can be believed, an operating system. Even without the OS, Google is in a good position to control a lot of your internet life. Are you ready for that? I am not so sure. I do not like putting all my trust/stock into one company. I may not be an MS fan (I use the OS, but most of my apps are open source), but I am not going to give Google the keys to my house just yet.

If you want to see what Google has to offer you, just head over to www.google.com and poke around. You may be surprised on how much they can do for you. If you let them, that is.

No comments: