Tuesday, August 02, 2005

What a Pain in the Neck!

Seriously! I have had a stiff/sore neck for about 3-4 weeks now. I asked my doc about it and he thinks it may be stress related (hmmm I work in IT, have a son in Basic Training, 2 dogs with allergies, bills that are getting out of hand...STRESS? NAH!).

My doc prescribed 2 meds to see if he can determine the problem. One of the meds is a muscle relaxer to take before I go to bed to help me get a good night's sleep. The other is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory/pain med. I took the night time med last night before I went to bed and I slept OK. Not earth shattering sleep, but decent. I was told by the pharmacist that I would dream and remember them, but I didn't. With my life as wacky as it is, I would rather not remember any :)

I took the other med this morning after I had eaten a good breakfast (it said to take it with meals) and my neck is not as sore or stiff, but I can still feel discomfort.

He (the doc) told me that I needed to take the night time stuff for 2-3 nights and the other pills for 5 days or so to see if it helped.

I will report on my progress later.

**Update**

Day two and I am feeling pretty good. Only a small amount of pain/strain in my neck and almost none in my hip.

No comments: