Friday, August 05, 2005

40

Happy Birthday to me, I turned 40 today. :-)

I met with my AP (accountability partner) yesterday for coffee after work and it was a very good meeting. We discussed many things and really got an understanding on the struggles each of us faces every day. We traded stories, strategies, and concerns. The hour that we had to chat just was not long enough. Ok, maybe it was, but it went by fast. Ben* is a very good listener.

I added a traffic counter to my blog because I was curious on how many people are reading this. I am not getting my hopes up, since I do not advertise it, but it is always nice to know.

My project work is going well. I have many meetings today to do some fact gathering and if we get most of the data we will be ready to make a business case to the executive mgmt team next week. That should be interesting, since I am out of the office next week. We are going to watch our son graduate Basic Training at Fort Benning, Georgia. Money is tight, so we will have to watch our spending (making sandwiches instead of eating out, lower priced motels, etc). We blew our budget for travel about mid way through the year.

Last night I had a dream. It was not a "nightmare" but it was not a pleasant dream. Due to personal reasons, I will not share it with my readers, but I will say that it was the type of dream that bothered me as a Christian. In my dream I was doing things that I would not do in real life.

The good thing about this situation is that I know why we have the dreams we do. Our subconscious takes random memories and stitches them together in the form of a story. These events may not be related in any way, shape, or form, but they come out in story format none the less. Sometimes Christians get very upset when they have "un-Christianlike" dreams, but they shouldn't. The Devil is planting that seed of fear in you and if you allow it to germinate, you will be hurt and may even doubt your faith. Don't go that route. Immediately pray to God to remove that fear. If you have accepted him, he understands you (inside and out) and loves you. You cannot control your dreams, but do not have to let them control you.

*Not his real name.

1 comment:

Malori said...

Happy Birthday!! Our family has a saying that you're "at the top of the hill" when you turn 50, so you have a ways to go yet. :-) I'm looking forward to celebrating the beginning of my last year of "teenhood" in November...I can't wait.