Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Why?

I was perusing the headlines today on Drudge, CNN, and a few others when this headline from CNN caught my attention:

Robertson: U.S. should 'take out' Venezuela's Chavez

The "Robertson" CNN is referring to is Pat Robertson, Conservative Christian Broadcaster for "The 700 Club".

This frightens me. Those who know me, know that I am a Moderate Christian that has Conservative tendencies. I am often at odds with what many in the Christian Church believe. I support our military, although I think making war is something that is done far too often.

Mr/Rev Robertson said that Chavez was, "a dangerous enemy to our south, controlling a huge pool of oil, that could hurt us badly." Why did he mention oil? Because that is the key, underlying reason we are despised and feared. We think we need to control the oil, simply because we need /use so much of it.

He goes way beyond what I am comfortable with as a Christian. If you are a non-Christian and read his remarks, please do not think he speaks for all Christian's. I personally find his thoughts disturbing and dangerous. I did not/will not support any political moves this man makes.

Another issue that I found interesting was the draft of the new Iraqi Constitution. The new Iraqi Constitution will be based on the Q'uran. Why is that interesting? President Bush has spent the past 4 years telling us not to judge Muslims harshly. He has repeatedly stated that Islam is a religion on peace. I disagree to an extent. Mohammed is compared to Jesus in regards of the religious importance in the Q'uran. Mohammed was a warrior, waging war on non-Muslims. Jesus was a king who spoke of God's love, not a warrior who came to liberate and overthrow. Now the country we liberated will have its law of the land based on a non-peaceful religion. What will President Bush say now? He cannot oppose the constitution or he looks like an occupier. He cannot support it because it is just one step away from the radical Islamic government we fought to remove. What to do...

Lastly, have you seen these? They have been nicknamed, "Pubic Pants". GROSS. Where are we going and why am I in this bucket?

No comments: