Friday, May 27, 2005

No Michael Jackson Penis Pics

Thank the Lord for that one. I have not been following this trial because I personally think that MJ is a strange bird, but this article jumped out at me. Using descriptions of genitalia and photos are a bit much for me, and I am glad that the jury will not have to see them. While I understand the prosecution's reasoning, I find it very tacky. Read the entire story.

So how far should we go to try a person for a crime? Forget WHO is on trial. Concentrate on what they are doing. If you were accused, would you want your genitalia (whether you are male of female) photographed and the have those photos shown to 12 strangers who will be sitting in front of you for months?

Whether or not I think MJ is guilty is not the point. He is a peculiar person to say the least. His lifestyle augments his personality and his finances enables his lifestyle. He has had a troubled past, tried to find solace in Islam and keeps strange company. Does this make him guilty? No, it only makes him media fodder.

All I can do is pray that justice is done (either innocent or guilty) and that MJ accepts Christ someday.

No comments: