Friday, May 20, 2005

Caught With His Pants Down...

While I will never be considered a Saddam sympathizer, I am rather appalled at the photo in the Sun of him in his (thankfully not so tighty) whiteys. While I do not read The Sun, I do visit Matt Drudge's web site and got an eyeful yesterday since Matt had this as his lead story.

Personally, I do not approve of public shame of this type. Yes, Saddam is a crook, but he is in custody, being tried for war crimes in which he will either be put to death, or spend the rest of his life in prison. Must he be humiliated by showing him on the front page of a major UK newspaper in his skivvies?

I find it also quite interesting that Europe bashes the US for our Gov'ts exploits, but snapping a picture of him and placing it on the front page is proper? What am I missing?

No comments: