Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Wow, More Project Work / Out of Touch

As I blogged last week, we have been given notices that there will be RIF's (Reduction In Force) in about 6 weeks. We do not know *who* will be going, but we know which jobs will. With that being said, motivation to do anything has been low and we are beginning to train the people in Kuala Lumpur (KL) to do our jobs. My days have been busier...not because I am training someone to do my job, but because I have been given two project that need to be finished by August 28th. I have 6 more days to install and configure 2 pieces of software on very Unix and Linux server in the US that we support. I also have to poll every server to get a variety of information that is needed by mgmt. Although I am not smart enough to do it, I would thing it could be scripted to automate the process.

I normally do not take many breaks but then again my day is usually not overly busy. Today I am forcing myself to take some. Yesterday started the busy work and I was purely exhausted by the time I got home. After dinner, still needed to go to the store, wash dishes, walk the dogs, and take out the trash. I was not in the mood, but it had to be done. My wife could tell I was not a happy camper, but she did not ride me about it. Communication at work.

*** This next topic is a bit graphic, so if you are easily offended, you can just move on to the next web page. You have been warned.***

I was listening to "Focus on the Family" on KWRD 100.7 FM, Christian talk radio this morning and was very surprised at the topic. One of the guests, Leslie Ludy, was discussing some current sexual behaviors of many teens today... including Christians. What she informed the listening audience was eye opening.

It seems that many teens are using oral sex as a replacement for sexual intercourse. The behavior is starting as young as 12-13 years old and is done so the girls will feel that they are keeping their promises to their parents to remain pure. I guess I am just out of touch with today's youth since I did not know it was wide spread. I know I have heard rumors and stories that our son has told us, but I brushed it off as just a couple of "easy" and immoral girls. I did not know that it was the norm.

I really wish I could have listened to the whole broadcast. It is a three part series that continues tomorrow and Thursday. If you have a daughter, it would pay to tune in.

No comments: