Monday, August 21, 2006

Rest, Please.

I am bushed. It has been a very busy 3-4 days and I could really use some time to recharge.

My wife had surgery last week (a big hooah! to all those who sent cards, e-mails, FOOD, etc) and I worked from home (Wed, Thurs, Fri) so I could take care of her. It went pretty well, but I was looking forward to the weekend.

Friday was slow for me working from home...not much going on. I am not sure why...Friday's can be pretty busy most of the time. I was happy that my wife was feeling better, even though she was still sleeping a big part of the day.

Saturday was the men's breakfast and church work day. I stayed until 12:30 or so, which was longer than most but not as long as some. I helped with chairs and tables as well as shoveling rocks. Once all that was done, I came home and vacuumed the house, washed dishes, and helped with laundry. I was tired but not so exhausted that I could not read a little.

Sunday was the celebration at church with our new name, Faith Fellowship. The overall turnout was pretty good. I stayed for service, the picture, and the sign dedication, but left after that. My son (who spent the weekend with us) and grabbed my wife a sandwich and then he and I went to CiCi's Pizza for lunch and a chat. He had a lot on his mind and was able to unload a bit. I think it did him good.

I overslept this morning but made it to work close to my regular starting time. I was only 30 minutes later than ususal. My boss was also late, coming in the same time I did. We chatted about the impending layoffs for a while and then I started my day...it was busy enough that I only had my lunch hour free. The rest of the time I was very busy. They have dropped 2 projects on me that they want finished before we get laid off. It is about 2 weeks worth of work, on top on my regular job. Since we have one guy out, we are all working more than we usually do, so it is taking longer to get things done.

My TL and I chatted a bit today and he confessed that he initially did not want me in the department. His reasons were valid so I was not offended. He then said that when he learned I was a Christian, he began to think about his attitude and then changed his mind. He then told me that even though I am not as strong as many of the others in the group, I still pull my weight and was glad that I joined the team. Wow.

I am not very stress about the layoffs. I calculated my package and if I get everything that I think I qualify for, I will have about 5.5 months (counting vacation) of pay. I hope that will be long enough to find another job. I will not worry though, because God will take care of my family.

No comments: