Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wake Up Dead / Confused / Ramblings

At least that is how I feel...and I am not sure why. I did nothing out of the ordinary and I have been feeling fine the previous day. The coffee is helping (I like it *strong* with a good shot of flavored cream) and the longer I am up, the better.

Water restrictions still are in effect and the warning letters to those ignoring the restrictions have ceased...citations are being issued. $2,000 fine if you are caught using a water hose illegally. Our local paper says 30% of the residents are not complying but my guess is that the number is higher than that. I know that at least 30% of my neighborhood is ignoring rule on which days you can water. The sidewalks are wet almost every morning or evening...both at some houses.

I was checking my blog logs (now that is a funny sounding term) and noticed 40+ hits (covering almost an hour of browse time) from The Perot Group. This at first had me concerned, since I had been contacted by a head hunter calling on behalf of Perot Systems regarding a possible job. The entry was labeled "mail.pgrp.net (Perot Group)" so I did a web search for them and discovered that The Perot Group and Perot Systems are two different companies. The Perot Group is an investment company and has a listing with the Texas Department of Public Safety. Not much else was out there.

When I got home last night I chatted with my wife regarding the Golden's health (she is healing very well after surgery / recovery) and our budget (August will be another lean month) before I headed off to help a friend with post-move issues. I was to meet a BiC, "Bill" to get some assistance. We had an entertainment center to shore up and load with her electronics and a computer to set up and test. We got it mostly done...we did not complete the tasks because of many little things. The house is OLD and has no grounding, minimal outlets in the areas we needed them and very few phone jacks (she still uses dial-up). While everything was assembled and put in place, we could not test the TV (no cable or antenna) or the internet access (no jack close enough to reach with the short RJ-45 cord we had). One of the doors in her entertainment center was broken and "Bill" offered to take it home and fix it properly.

I think I left about 9 PM and that included a simple meal of BBQ sandwiches, soda, and chips. I came home and walked the dogs and settled down to watch the season 1 finale of "The 4400" and then hit the hay about 10:30 or so. While I liked the first 3 episodes pretty well, the characters are developing too quickly for my taste.

No comments: