Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August Ain't Such a Bad Month...

Today being the first day of August allowed me to reflect on three important things that happened in my life during the month of August:

1) I was born...a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Not much more to add about that
2) I moved from my birth home of 24 years (West Virginia) to North Carolina in search of fame and fortune. Neither were found, but I did learn quite a bit. I stayed 12 year there.
3) I moved (with my family) from NC to Texas in search of a better standard of living. In many ways, we have achieved that, but not in the way that most people would think.

Both moves were within 2 weeks of my birthday. It was not planned that way...it just happened.

Texas will remain dear to me no matter where we go because this is the state we were living in when I opened my eyes to the love of Jesus Christ. While I have not been the best person in the past, my future is secure.

WV - 24 years, NC - 12 years...is Texas going to be 6 years? I hope not. Moving can be such a pain. Now if I got a package like I did when I was with Ericsson then I would not mind as much but those days are long gone. I doubt anyone will offer me a free, 100% paid for relo (with perks) like Ericsson did.

My wife and I have often discussed where we would like to live if we were given the opportunity to move. With what I am doing for $Major IT Service Company, I could live almost anywhere and do my job although some areas are more appropriate than others. I personally would love to give NC another shot, but Mrs. Gee is not quite so open minded.

That is ok...she has earned that right.

No comments: