Sunday, August 27, 2006

Almost Back to Normal

With the weekend all but over with, it appears that life after my wife's surgery may be getting back to normal. She let me know today that she is bored out of her skull. It only took 2 weeks.

Saturday started with my wife requesting some lemon poppy seed muffins for breakfast, so I ran out to pick up some as well as some other things we could use. I filled up my truck ($2.53 a gallon) that morning since I filled up the van the previous day. The price has been dropping steadily over the past 30 days and that is refreshing.

After spending quality time with my wife over a breakfast of pastry and coffee, I let her have her bible time while I started working on my Sunday School lesson. Neither took that long and after we were finished, I started vacuuming. In the process, there were clothes to fold but instead of bothering my wife, I just took care of them while she spent some time on the PC. By the time I was finished, it was lunch time. With the vacuuming and laundry finished, all that was left was the dishes. While doing those, I asked my wife if she would like to go out to dinner and she wasted no time telling me "yes". We took it easy the rest of the day and went to dinner about 6 PM.

We stopped at TGI Friday's, which is fast becoming a new favorite. I think we have worn out most of the other affordable priced places and Friday's offers a good fun atmosphere with some good food. My wife enjoys the Jack Daniel's sauced ribs. Me, I will eat just about anything on that menu. It is all good.

After dinner, we walked off dinner at the mall. We stopped in several shops and eventually stopped in to the Cingular Wireless store to see about getting new phones. As usual, the sales staff does not want to mess with you if you are not a "new" customer. Same story at any wireless place. I will just all them Monday and see what I can have done and what is available. I already know I will have to get a new rate plan to go with my new phones. We may bump the minutes up some since we went way over our minutes this month. No worries.

Sunday was the typical Sunday School/Church/Lunch routine I have come to know and love, but this time we had "Darlene" with us. She is a sweet woman, a senior who works two jobs. It pains me to see her do that...but it is not possible for some people to survive on social security.

After lunch at Taco Bell, my wife dropped me off and I was going to watch old "Star Blazers" cartoons when my wife called me to tell me that one of the husbands of the woman who was hosting the party was sitting all by himself and asked me if I would come over...so I obliged. We sat and chatted for a while and watch some Star Trek, only to entertain a preteen boy who had never seen Trek before...what a sheltered kid! We all laughed at the corniness off the original Star Trek and before we knew it, the shower was over and it was time to go.

I came home and my wife appeared agitated, but would not tell me why. Since I could not get any info out of her, I called my mom for a weekly chat. After the call was over I walked little man and ate a light dinner.

Pretty much nothing new. Work will be busy next week, but that is the way it will be for quite some time, at least until they announce who is getting laid off.

No comments: