Monday, August 07, 2006

One More Sci-Fi Series Completed / Weekend Update

Yep, you guessed it...I finally finished all four seasons on Farscape and the made for TV Movie, "The Peacekeeper Wars". Season 4 was an odd season...a bit eclectic. It had some good moments and some strange moments...I guess a 3 out of 5 stars.

Saturday was a pretty normal day...I did my normal chores and a few extras ... I was in a pretty good mood overall. My wife had plans to take me out for my birthday and I wanted the house to be done while she was gone. She ended up taking me to "Ralph and Kacoo's" for some "N'awlin's" style food. When we got there, we found Mickey and Mary and a few minutes later, Jas and Lena. Saul and Glenna joined us as well and Jimmy and Collette. The troupe was rounded out my two last minute arrivals (who showed up when dinner was almost over), Darlene and .. my son.

The fellowship was something I will remember for quite a while...the food was OK, but I think I preferred Pappadeaux's ... I know it is further away and noisier, but the food is better and so is the service. I do not think I have ever had a bad meal there.

After the dinner was over with, Jimmy snatched the check out of my hand and paid for my family's meal. I told him it was not necessary, but he insisted. I will have to do something special for them very soon. They treat us well....like family...no...better than family.

After a few hours of very good conversation and OK food, my wife and (who were the last to leave) went home. I slept very well.

Gifts? My friends were instructed not to bring gifts, but they would need to pay for their own meals (we still are on a tight budget and the check was over $300.00 and we did not think we could afford that)...however a the couple we are helping did get me a Jeremy Camp live CD/DVD. I am not a huge Jeremy Camp fan, but the gift means a lot because the couple who gave it means a lot. They appear to be progressing nicely. Outside of that gift (and Jimmy paying for our meal) my wife got me Joel C. Rosenburg's, "The Ezekial Option" and Fireflight's CD, "The Healing of Harms". She is a sweetheart.
We hit the sack early (I was exhausted) and slept like a log.

Sunday was a typical day (Sunday school, Worship) but we had a wedding reception for a newlywed couple right after service. We stayed and chatted and had a few plates of finger food and left about 1:30 or so. We got home and took a nap since that is just what we do on Sunday afternoons. After her nap my wife hit the mall's to pick up some things ... not in our budget, but I think we can swing them. I called mom and chatted with her for a while and took care of the dogs and watched a little UFC .. not many good fights, but entertaining for the most part.

When my wife got home, I walled the dogs since it actually looked like it might rain (it did bit only fro abut 5 minutes...at least it cooled down some) and made a quick trip around the block. When I got back my wife showed me what she got and I tried on my new clothes (2 new polo shirts and 2 pair of Dockers...I am so predictable). They fit well so she pulled the tags off and washed them. Word to the wise: Wash new clothes before wearing. Many times they have chemicals in them that are very irritating to your skin.

With all that out of the way, we settled down to watch UFC Live that was taped a few weeks ago. The main even was Chris Leben and Alexander Silva. While Leben talked a lot of trash, Silva took him apart in very short order. Alexander Silva will be a force to be reckoned with in the UFC.

Our son stopped over and asked if he could spend the night. It seems his roommate had his family over and our son needed a place to crash. I wish he would just let got of his pride and ask us if he could stay here for awhile...We do not have any bedroom stuff for him, but he should still have his. I know he will only be here a few more weeks before he ships off to Iraq, but at least he would be in comfortable surroundings.

No comments: