Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Up Around The Bend

I called my friends in the north part of town to see what they were doing and also to ask if I could check my e-mail (I don't have anyway to check it from mom's house) and they graciously offered. I went over and we chatted while I checked my mail (it was surprisingly light) then I went and showed them photos until I started to fall asleep. I said my good byes and drove the short trip to mom's house.

I got home and brushed my teeth, read a little, and then went to bed.

I ended up sleeping in until 7:00 AM which made me realize how tired I really was. I ate a light breakfast with mom and after I had gotten dressed and brushed my teeth, I helped mom clean the ceiling fans and the light fixtures that she could not reach on her own. It did not take long since there were not that many to do in her small house.

She threw together some lunch and while we were eating Knightmare Duck and Holmes showed up, ready to take me on a mini road trip. I quickly ate my lunch and grabbed my camera so I could be on my way with the boys.

We went to Audra State Park in the rain, tromped around and took several photos. Once we wore out our welcome there, we drove around the city looking at and remembering things we used to do and places we used to go. We did this for an hour or so and they dropped me back off at mom's where I was just in time for dinner. She made cheddar brat sandwiches which we washed down with iced green tea.

I had plans to go back out with KD and Holmes but they called and told me that they would have to postpone the festivities until tomorrow. We already had plans to do more road tripping then, but they wanted to add dinner to the agenda and that sounded pretty good.

As I was typing this, the north side people called me and asked me to stop buy for a little while since a few of my friends are coming over. Sounds like fun. I told them to give me 30-60 minutes to tie up some loose ends and then I would go. I am sure that means another late night and little sleep but I guess I can catch up later...maybe the nights I am driving back to Texas!

No comments: