Friday, September 14, 2007

In Flash

I went to bed about 10:00 PM and woke up about 1:30 AM, unable to sleep. I am not sure why...I didn't have anything on my mind in particular. I finally fell asleep sometime after 2:00 AM. I got up at 5:00 AM without any real problems and read my bible until I decided to go get a shower and eat a bowl of cereal. I triple checked my packing (I hate leaving things behind) and was just about finished when mom got up. She had her coffee and we chatted until it was time for me to leave at 7:00 AM.

I hit the road at 7:12 AM and made great time pretty much the entire way. I only had one screw up and that was with the imfamous Exit 113 on I-64. There are actually 2 exits with the number 113. One is on I-64 and the other is where I-64 merges with I-75. I exited at the wrong one and it took me about 20 miles out of my way. Even with that, I still made it to the camp by 4:10 PM.

When I got to the camp I received two surprises (actually three). The first was that the fire ban had been lifted, meaning that I would be able to have a fire...a good morale booster.

The second was that the camp space I had last time was open and the third was that the firewood I left was still there...dry! El Gee is gonna have a fire tonight!

When I pulled in I had a few things that I needed to do before I could say I was set. First I needed to eat the food I got from Arby's since it was getting cold. Once that was done, I needed to take some pain reliever since I had a seriously bad headache.

The last thing I needed to do was use the toilet. When I travel by myself, I usually torture myself by not stopping unless absolutely necessary. Sometimes I can be so stupid.

When I got settled, I notices a man wandering from camp spot to camp spot. I was not sure what he was trying to do, but eventually he settled into one. I soon found out he was looking for a good, level site with plenty of proper drainage.

He introduced himself and I chatted with him until he told me that he had to leave for a couple of hours. I felt a little board so I called my wife, but she did not answer. felling a bit down, I decided to journal until I either ran out of ideas or battery power. So far it looks like the ideas are going to lose.

No comments: