Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oay, Now I Feel A Little Guilty

I had plans to do some housework last night since my wife had done it the previous week AND since I did not do any last weekend. However, once I got home and got my wife out of the way, I was not motivated to do any work, so I watched MMA until bed time. Bad El Gee. I really need to make sure I do that tonight when I get home!

Rain is predicted the next three days (starting today). This may put a crimp in my camping plans, but we will jsut wait and see. It would be nice to get out in the woods for a couple of days.

Yesterday at work we had a plethora of calls from the help desk asking us to prioritize issues. I would not have minded but the help desk is getting worse about troubleshooting. They will get a screen shot but not much of a description of the problem. A screen shot out of context is useless. An example I can give happened yesterday. Customer was getting an error message when sending a print job to the network printer. The help desk assumed it was a print server issue. They captured a screen shot and that was just about all. They did not remap the printer, they did not try to map to the printer's IP address, and they didn't even go to the printer to power cycle it. Had they done that, would have realized their jobs were printing and not asked for a high priority ticket. This is just one of many cases we were handed yesterday. Only two warranted being called "high priority".

[Sigh]

No comments: