Saturday, September 29, 2007

Old Time Radio

I was in a very foul mood today. I managed to strip/make the bed and vacuum the house, but that was about all. I really need to get the outside painted and the bushes trimmed. I know my wife will not let me do either since I don't do as good a job as she does. At least I work faster ;) .

Anyhoo, I researched several GZ's today and decided to go find as many as I could (again, without a GPSr) before I gave up.

I could not find the one at the rec center. There are 3 large wasp nests that are keeping me from looking any harder. Strike one.

I head over to the one near Bullingham but it has to be the best hidden 1.5 I have ever seen. I wonder if it is still there? Strike two.

I decide to go towards "Stalactite" but realize I am going to get we getting it and I was not dressed for that, so I put that one on hold. Foul ball.

Seriously frustrated, I decide to head over to Bethany Creek to get the micro in the park. As I am crusing by, I notice the park is full of muggles* , so run by the "Old Time Radio Cache". I am pretty sure I know where this one is, even without a GPS, but just as luck would have it...there is a muggle parked in his car, just sitting there in the church parking lot all by himself. Since he is going to see me if I stop, I just cruise toward Lucas to see if I know where "Three Legs To Stand On" is. I find the site, but get nervous because it is so open and on/near private property, so I go back OTRC. The muggle is STILL there, so I do a big loop (taking 10 minutes or so) and come back...and he was gone. I pull in to park and wait for a dog walked to move along when I go to the GZ and leave my trinket (a Killdare's decal) and sign the log.

Now that I have at least one find for the day, I decide to go back towards Bethany Creek and find the park...empty. I park and go into the smallish park and look around for a logical area to place a micro. There are lots of small trees but not many big enough to hide a micro easily. I manage to spot something and low and behold, it is the micro. I collect, sign, and return it quickly, enjoying the view of the duck pond.

With two finds, I feel happy enough that I can go back home and eat a quick dinner.

I now have four finds with a GPSr (and friends) and four solo. I think my wife and I can find a couple tomorrow.



*people who do not geocache. The object is to sign the log without letting anyone see you do it.

No comments: