Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hit The Road, Jack

I made some progress with regards to packing last night. A few little things I knew I would forget are in "the pile" and all my electronics (with spare batteries), cables, and chargers are in my backpack. The one exception is my PDA sync cable/car charger unit. I really do not need it so it I forget it, it's no big deal.

I have 90% of the food I will need for the two days of traveling. Most of it is water, Gatorade, and tea, but I do have hot dogs, cereal bars, and yogurt to augment my fast food meals. I was going to take lunch meat but I wondered if it would slow me down too much. I still may...It will be marginally cheaper than fast food. The hot dogs are for dinner on Friday night, if it does not rain. I checked the forecast for the state park I will be staying at and it appears that rain is gonna hit. I hope I can get camp set up before it does. The weather back in my home state is looking nice...a touch cooler than here, but not cold. The camp weather looks hot, but I arrive in the evening and leave in the morning so it should be okay.

I made my ice the other day, charged up all the rechargable batteries and made sure I had my multi-tool. I copied all my photos to my laptop so mom could see the entire collection and also because I did not want to take any more CD's with me that I needed. I still need to get the stuff out of my truck and put it in the van (and vice versa), but that I will do tonight/tomorrow. I am supposed to go to the City Council meeting tonight and also I need to make and agenda for the Trustee meeting I will miss.

I still need to load the cooler and pack my clothes, but other than my last minute camping supplies, that is about it. While all this was going on, I had a talk with my wife regarding my trip and she is okay with it now. She did not want to admit it, but she did and she said that saying it out loud to herself makes it better. And that makes me happy...because she is now at ease.

No comments: