Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hillary Makes Me Sick and "You Will Do Anything To Get Me To Remodel"

I am working from home today, a story which I will relate at the end of this missive, and stumbled upon this doozy. The nerve of that woman! Quote:

"It is certainly not in keeping with my understanding of the Scriptures," Clinton said, "because this bill would literally criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus himself."

I did not know she was all that familiar with the Bible. I never would have guessed by her husbands actions while he was in office (Zippergate). I can see that she thinks that ACTING like a Christian will get her elected into some higher office (the Presidency?) in the future.

Well let me tell you something, Hillary. Jesus nor the Good Samaritan were trying to blow up Israel. We want control over what is ours. We are not happy with a revolving screen door at our borders.



Oh well, on to lighthearted news...the reason I am at home today. I got a call sometime around 9:30 AM from my wife. She was very upset and it took a while to calm her down. What had happened was the toilet in the hall bathroom had overflowed and flooded the bathroom and a small part of the hall. The carpet had to be removed as well as the padding and the carpet tacking strips. The whole area (floor, tub, vanity, doors, and walls) had to be sanitized and dried out. We are using several box fans to dry the area as best as we can. I do not think there will be any real problems. The areas adjacent/connecting to the bathroom do not appear wet (hall closet, my office closet, garage wall) but we are ventilating the area just in case.

The odd thing about this is that our friends Ben* and Darlene* had the SAME THING happen this morning, only they have a 2 story home and the bathroom was upstairs. We have a single story home and the damage was limited. "Ben" went home (just like I did) and began using the shop vac to suck up the water. He cleaned up the place the best he could but he was water going downstairs into his kitchen, so he will need to get some home repairs done via insurance. I am really hurting for him.

What are the odds the exact same thing would happen to two friends on the same morning? Freaky!

*Not their real names.

No comments: