Thursday, March 23, 2006

"Baby, That's NASTY" and "Hey, Give Me a Call Sometime"

I had cold Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo for lunch. That is one nasty dish. Why did I have it cold? It wasn't cold when I started eating it, but it was by the time I was done. I was eating in my office (no truck today...I car pooled) and my phone rang. I instinctively picked it up and got on a very long call. It was not the techs (who called me) fault. He had a problem and I was there to try to help. It turns out it was a network issue, not a *nix issue, so I could not help him. I later got an e-mail from his dispatcher thanking me for my time. Nice of them to do so.

My wife has been after me to make an appointment with my back doctor regarding the pain I have been having for the past few weeks. I finally did what she asked...I called the doctors office. The bad thing is, I keep getting a machine and no one calls me back. I am wondering if I should call my PCP (Primary Care Provider) and see if he can give me a diagnosis. I do not think it is related to my operation, but I cannot be sure. Taking Tylenol helps some, but I do not want to live on the stuff (it is not good for your liver) and besides, I should not have pain ALL the time. I twist certain ways and the pain is pretty bad. I was wondering if it may be osteo arthritis.

The damage is not extensive to our house after the bathroom flooded. We think the damage was restricted to the flooring. The bad news is that my wife does not want to replace the flooring until we replace the vanity and the toilet. Right now we do not have that kind of money. It will just have to site unfinished for a while. Oh well, it would not be the first time we have had an unusable bathroom. In our old house in NC, I started tearing out a bathroom and it took me a year to finish remodeling it. To be fair, the only reason it took me that long was because we were not sure that we would be in NC very long (rumors of relocation to Texas...which came true) and we did not want to make the bathroom look like a million bucks on a house we were selling. If we were going to keep it, then we would do it very fancy, but since it was not going to be used by us, then we decided not to spend money on something that would not add value to the house.

Work is going well but I still have not heard back from the other company that I was interested in. I think they had "champagne dreams on a beer budget" as my dad used to say. They wanted a lot of things done, but I was not sure they could get them all implemented on such a small budget. The story is all the same. Cut costs on IT/Customer Service but expect great returns for little investment. Oh well!

No comments: