Saturday, March 04, 2006

Go Heels!

Today is the last game of the regular season for my beloved UNC Tarheels. As is with tradition, they face Duke...at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium, AKA "the sweat box". Although I most likely will not see the game, or even get to watch the play by play, I will be there in spirit. This young team who lost SEVEN of its top scorers last year (graduated or went to the NBA) has done rather well and is tied for second in the ACC.

They most likely will not win the ACC tourney and they definitely are not going to win an NCAA title again this year. They are going to the NCAA Tourney, and for that I am happy. Coach Williams has coached this team very well. He should be coach of the year.

One of the most painful things I have faced in cutting our cable down to the bare minimum is the ACC basketball games on ESPN and ESPN2. I did not realize how much I enjoyed them until they were gone.

Today's task list:

1) Vacuum the house
2) Strip and make the bed
3) Trim and edge our yard
4) Help my BiC, Mickey* with his networking issue, which includes dinner at his house.

If time permits, I am going to apply weed killer (preventive) and fertilizer in mine and my neighbors yards, but I think that is pushing it.

Off to work!

* Not his real name.

No comments: