Friday, March 10, 2006

ACC Tourney, Busy, Busy, and Soreness

It has been busy the past few days at work. I am happy for that. Sitting idle can be dangerous. I have, however been running the ACC tournament scoreboard from ESPN in my browser so I can check on the games. If the Duke-Miami game is any indication of what will come, then I am sorry I don't have cable. Miami almost broke Duke's heart today during the second round. J.J. Redick was not having a good first half and Miami was taking advantage of it. Final score - Duke 80, Miami 76.

The game being played now is Wake Forrest / NC State. State is getting spanked, 37-20 at the end of the first half. My Heels play Virginia at 6 EST and Boston College takes on Maryland at 8:30 EST. Both games should be very interesting. I miss my ACC TV! Living in Texas and being an ACC fan without cable or satellite is inhuman!

My chores at work have changed a bit. I am still doing stats and dispatching, but now I get to do new account creation and account removal. There are other things going on as well, but I am not very proficient in them yet. Building a Solaris image is not fun (at least on our customers network) and the follow-up on some old tickets has been not so pretty. My TL is trying to be patient, but I bet he wishes I was a real Unix Admin instead of some wannabe greenhorn :)

My back has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. It started with some tingling in my left leg and foot. That cleared up some and now my lower back (the entire area) is very sore. I think it is caused by a lack of exercise, so I picked up the stretching as much as I can.

Just about 2 hours left of my day and I can go home. Once I get home I have more things I need to do, but at least it is not work at my job.

If I remember correctly, tonight is the season finale of Battlestar Galactica, part 2 of a 2 part show. Part 1 was pretty good, I hope 2 kicks it up a notch.

No comments: