Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Doctor, Doctor, Give Me the News

My wife has been concerned about my back (well, I have been concerned as well) so she asked me to give a call to my primary care provider to see if he could offer some relief. I called his office yesterday morning and I was able to get an appointment that afternoon. I was very happy to hear that!

I got to the office and had to fill out paperwork as if I was a new customer. The receptionist mumbled something about missing data and everyone had to fill out the forms again. No big deal, but it is a pain in the posterior to have to do this as often as I do. A couple of minutes after I filled out the forms, the nurse called me back and began to collect data and take my temp and BP. I gave her the rundown and in a few minutes, the doc was able to see me.

He asked my why I did not call my back doctor so I told him the problems I was having just getting a call back from them. I explained to him I think they have been overbooking and I feel that I have been lost in the shuffle. He then had his nurse call (of course she was able to get through!) and set me up an appointment. In the mean time, he examined me.

He thinks that I have sacroillitus, which is an inflammation of the area above the tailbone and below the surgical area. He thinks that since I was in a brace, I was over exerting that area and it has become inflamed. He prescribed some meds and told me to see my back doctor next week. I went to the pharmacy and get my scripts filled and read the warnings and instructions like a good patient. I went home and grabbed some dinner and took one of pills (since it is to be take with food). I had a little time to kill before I went over to Jim and Carrie's* house to do a little bible study with Jim. Jim is my wife's boss and a very good man who I am very happy to know. The bible study was only about an hour so I was able to get home early and watch "24". By bedtime I was tired, but not quite as sore as I was earlier. I actually went to bed at 9 PM. Yeah, I was tired!

I got up feeling pretty good overall. Not 100% by any means, but still much better than I was a couple of days ago. I am supposed to be taking these pills twice a day, so I have been taking them with breakfast and dinner. I was told in a few days I should be feeling pretty good, but to keep taking the meds. I plan on following that advice!

No comments: