Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sure, 2:00 AM Is Fine

I received a call this morning at 2:15 AM from a manager in Europe asking me about an issue that we have been monitoring. There have been no updates on the issue (we are waiting on SAP to formulate a solution) and I have posted that on the web update page.

The manager tells me the customer is upset because the web has not been updated "in 14 hours". I know that to be rubbish because I updated it before I went to bed at 10:00 PM. I really dislike being called a liar.

Other than that, this week has not been too bad, but it is only Wednesday. I have received a few calls after hours and have had a few things to follow up on, but overall it has not been unbearable. Of course we have three lingering issues, one of which I hope to close today. It would be nice to get as much taken care of as possible because I would love to be able to make it to care group tonight. I really hate missing it. If I cannot, I will be at home, updating issues. While it is not my preferred thing to do, it does keep me employed. I am thankful for that.

No comments: