Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ouch

My back has really been sore lately. I tried Aleve but it did not seem to have much of an effect on the pain, so I started stretching (as painful as that was) and it seemed to help. I remember that after I had my back surgery and I had healed, I ended up getting sacroiliitis a couple of months later. This feels just like it. I am sure the only cure will be my "Aleve Therapy" and stretching. Joy.

Work has been slow, but I am thankful for that. My week of on call was light and so far it has been the same for my office mate. While we still have been getting calls, many of them have not been severe enough to get us involved. With it being slower, my office mate has ad time to get caught up on some older nagging issues that he let sit while we took care of the more important issues. Now it looks like he is all caught up.

One of the Swede's was given notice that he is to be laid off in 30 days. While it is not a good thing, at least he is in good shape financially. He is not married, nor does he have any kids. He has his car and house paid off and has no other debt. He can live quite well on half of his salary and has been saving quite a bit of money. He will eventually get a job but it may take a while,so being debt free is a big plus for him. I am envious.

Well, I do not have a lot planned this week other than the city council meeting tonight and some geocaching this weekend. I will also need to write up an agenda for the Trustee meeting on Monday.

I will be working solo on Wednesday to allow my office mate a day off. He is in a similar situation with vacation and needs to burn as much as he can. So far the Wednesday off deal is working pretty well. While I have not taken every Wednesday off, I have taken one off each month so far this year. I may take two off this month, manbe not.

Oh, if I have not mentioned it yet, Sim City has been release as open source and has been ported to Unix and Linux (sorry Windows users) so far as "Micropolis". It has been hard not to play it all day when it is slow at work :)

No comments: