Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sports and Steroids

Am I the only person alive who thinks this whole "Jimmy Ball Player took steroids" thing is being blown out of proportion?

For as long as man has been in existence, he has used "recreational and performance enhancing" pharmaceuticals. While I think it is a shame and feel these people should be prosecuted, WHY does there have to be a congressional investigation on the matter? I realize I am not Perry Mason, but do we really need to go that far? Just freakin' arrest them and give them MASSIVE fines.

I get tired of hearing about famous ball players being "investigated" and have to "testify before Congress". If you have enough proof for a grand jury, indict them. Have probable cause? Get a subpoena. Just get it over with.

If anyone can tell me why the government has to get involved at this level, please educate me. Really, I can take it. I want to understand . Help me understand.

No comments: