Thursday, February 21, 2008

Burst, Backpack, Bummed Out

Tuesday was a flurry of activity. It all started 30 minutes after my colleague went to lunch when two calls came in for SAP issues. This would not have been bad but we were still fighting with an issue that had been assigned to a third party for resolution. This third party was 100% positive that the problem was not with their app and insisted that the WAN team and the server team look into the issue. At the end of the second day the issue was still not resolved.

The other two issues were resolved that evening. While I had to hand over three issues to our on-call guy in Brazil, he only needed to follow up on one.

That day at lunch I grabbed a couple of caches (one was a puzzle and the other was from a new cacher in the area) and then grabbed another puzzle cache on the way home. I usually avoid puzzle caches but when you have pretty much cleared the area out of regular caches, puzzles are all that are left.

I had Wednesday off and my plans were to go caching in the morning, after I voted (early voting rocks). I still needed to plan a bit for care group, since I was presenting information (on Mormonism). I am no expert but I had material collected from former Mormons as well as info from the book of Mormon, a DVD, testimonials, etc. I managed to get everything done, including replacing a defective cache container from one of my hides. It appears that humans are not the only animals attracted to the smell of coffee. I used an empty plastic coffee can for a hid and a field mouse chewed a hole in it. Funny.

I spent the morning geocaching in Bob Woodruff Park, collecting the ones I missed the first time through about a month or two ago. One one still eludes me and I am not sure that it is there. I had filled my backpack with all the goodies Ineeded to spend the morning out, but really did not need it. My fanny pack prolly would have been enough.

After finishing that I came home, at lunch, showered, updated the geocaching logs for my finds, swapped out the damaged cache container, researched my lesson, and went to help my wife's old boss with a computer issue. It turned out to be a Quickbooks issue, so was unable to help. No help, no charge. Bummer.

Care group went well but I was not into leading, so it was a little poorly paced. We came home and tried to watch TV, but fell asleep in the process, so we just went to bed.

I woke up a bit bummed out that I had to go back to work. I hat e to admit that I am 42 and ready to get out of the rat race. I really wished I had invested better (and sooner) so I could retire.

No comments: