Monday, February 25, 2008

Further Apart

I have noticed that my posts are slipping further and further apart. To be honest I have not been in a writing mood the past few months and well, it shows. Maybe it will improve, maybe not.

The latter half of my work week ended well. No major storms although we stayed pretty busy most of the time. Busy is not bad...it keeps you sharp.

By the time Saturday had rolled around the weather had warmed up nicely (it had been cold a bigger part of the week) and I was itching to get outside. The pollen count (for cedar, at least) was pretty high and I was glad I had taken some Claritin that morning.

I cleaned the house early Saturday then went to get my hair cut before heading out for a few hours of caching. The house was not as bad as I had expected...more fur (from our two dogs) than dirt. I noticed that we really need to paint quite a bit inside and out...the walls and trim are looking kinda rough. While I don't like to paint, I would but my wife is more of a perfectionist than I am and requires more detail to get the job done. Needless to say I should stick to yard work :) .

After I got my hair cut I spent about five hours in Plano in the greenbelt and in various parks hunting for caches. I found 15 out of the 17 I was looking for which is pretty good for me. I did a lot of walking which caused my cache per hour ratio to drop, but the exercise did me good. I found a few ammo cans, some easy and fun ones, and several "hard" ones.

I got home and ate, fed the dogs and got cleaned up. After I got done walking the oldest dog, my wife and I went for a stroll and picked up some dessert at Kroger. We stopped at the pocket park to eat our goodies then we returned home. I was dead tired and had no trouble falling asleep by 10:30 PM.

Sunday we had a guest speaker at church. He is the "web minister" at Lamb and Lion Ministries and gave a great talk on evolution and creationism. I bet he made a great debater in college. His arguments against evolution were compelling and entertaining enough to keep me riveted to my seat. Good man, good speaker.

After church we skipped the once a month pot luck and decided to go grab some Chinese then walk the dogs in a local park. We killed two birds with one stone, so to speak by allowing me to look for 2 caches while we were there. I managed to grab one of them but the other eluded me. We ran into several youth LARPers (Live Action Role Playing) sporting padded swords and colorful costumes. They mostly ignored me while I searched but when they took a break and began paying attention to me, I took a break as well.

I also ran into a small group if kids (older teens) hunting each other with CO2 powered soft pellet guns. Both events (the LARPers and the pellet gun boys) brought back a lot of memories of my youth, many that have been blogged about in my "Chronicles" listed to the right.

My wife and I returned about three hours later and decided to grill some fresh salmon and put it over a bed of fresh greens, aka Salmon Salad. It was very tasty and hit the spot.

No comments: