Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Game One of "The Game of the Year"

My young, energetic, and talented Tarheels lost 87-83 to their arch-rivals, Duke last night. This article explains it very well (Courtesy of Adam Lucas).

The Carolina-Duke rivalry is one of the most famous in NCAA basketball history. Home games draw a very large number of alumni back to the school to watch a true battle of titans. No matter how good or bad Duke or Carolina is in any particular season, the game never disappoints those looking for a life and death battle.

I have been a fan of the boys in baby blue for 15 years. Although I do not get to watch many games, I usually catch the play by play on the web. It is not as good as being there, but you get the feel for the game. I was not yelling as much as I do as when I actually get to watch the Heels play, but I was commenting none the less.

This was the first of 2 match-ups the Devil and the Heels will have in regular season play. The Heels hosted Duke at the Dean Smith Center (The Dean Dome) in Chapel Hill and the next will be at the sweatbox, Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham. The CIS has no A/C. Broadcasters hate that.

I tip my hat to the Heels. They went in outnumbered and outgunned and walked out a bit bloodied, but intact. They lost the game, but won a world of experience.

J.J. Redick, you played a pretty good game. I may despise you as a person, but I respect you as a player.

No comments: