Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday

I am not writing this for sympathy, so put it away. I sit here in pain. Why am I in pain? This is why. While I have not been "officially" diagnosed with this, several people who are familiar with this is are certain this is my problem.

It started about 6-12 months ago with a dull pain in my left hip joint area. Walking long distances (which is a favorite past time of mine) was difficult. It became increasingly more painful and severe as time went by, until now, I am in pain 25-50% of the day. Today has been a bad day. Standing is painful, sitting is better, but I am still hurting some. Lying down is tolerable.

The pain is intense at times. It shoots down my left leg and ends at my ankle. Sometimes the pain skips spots or feels like the muscles are tightening up. Sometimes it is accompanied by back pain, but not always. I have been very conscious of my posture (sitting and standing) and my sleeping positions. I have been trying to stretch as much as possible, but I am not as flexible as I used to be so it is hard.

While I was a church, I really was hurting and an Elder prayed for me. I was touched. My wife initiated the prayer request and I was deeply moved. I have much faith in the power of prayer, but the Elder hinted that I should see a doctor. I know he is right. No disrespect to doctors, but I do not like them. If a back alignment is what is needed, then I need to get that done.

So if you will do me a favor and pray for me, it would mean a lot. If you have a prayer need and would like me to pray for you, I would be honored to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish you good karma,

But in fact would like to warn you that my mom started with that kind of pain and she was diagnosed a colon cancer. Get checked!