Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday Morning Quickie

OK, before I rush out the door for work:

Sunday was nice. My wife and I had lunch with our son (who moved out a month ago) and caught up on things. We had lunch at The Macaroni Grill and was served by our favorite server. That girl is amazing. Even thought we had not been there in 6 months, she remembered our favorite items. She did not have a table open in her section, so she served us at another table anyway. She is a dream.

Our son is doing well, working 2 different jobs after giving up the bartending gig in Richardson. He is now a mechanic and a video store employee. His back is ok after scaring us with a possible ruptured disk.

After lunch, I helped deliver an entertainment center to the family I built the second computer for. She was very happy, almost to the point of tears. I left my "Day of Fire" CD for James to listen to. We listened to part of it while driving to and from the apartment of the evacuee family. He seemed to dig it.

Called mom and my buddy, Blockhead. Talked a total of 2 hours between the two. Mom is ok and Block is bored. He wants to move and after talking to him for a while, I could tell he is miserable in WV. I know I was.

I talked to my brother (first time in a long time!) Friday. He is doing well and thinking of hitching a ride with a "friend" to OK. He will fill me in later. I hope this works out for him. His track record is not so hot with moves.

Gotta run. Busy week ahead with the SOX audit and training all this week. I am not looking forward to it, but I will leave it in God's hands where it belongs.

No comments: