Thursday, November 10, 2005

Me and My Mango Plant

Over a month ago, I planted a mango seed in some fresh dirt. I kept it in as much sunlight as I could, watered it and for the longest time, I thought nothing was happening. However a week ago or so, I saw the seed begin to germinate and it broke through the soil. A mango plant is beginning to grow.

I did research on mango plants to find out how big they grew and how long they lived. I found out that mango trees can grow 60 feet tall and live to be 300 years old. I may not live long enough to see this little guy produce fruit, but I am hoping I do. The article I found said that mango plants make great tropical indoor plants as long as they get plenty of sunlight and are kept warm enough. I hope it lives!

Yesterday I finished up my two days of training on Netapps. While I was not the ideal candidate, I did learn quite a bit and hope to learn more. I like to learn and practice what I have learned. I want to grow and the only way to grow is to learn new things and use them!

After class, we were asked to go back to the office so all the class and our boss could go out to dinner. We ended up at Razzoo's (a personal favorite) and enjoyed Cajun food and pretty good conversation. I left at 7:30 or so and made it home by 8:8:00 PM.

When I got home, I walked the dogs and washed up the dinner dishes. My wife was at our care group meeting, and as much as I hated to miss it, I needed to serve my wife by taking care of a few things around the house.

I finished up and realized I had indigestion so I grabbed some Tums and settled down with my wife to watch Law and Order. I went to bed as soon as it was over. When I woke up, my stomach and the rest of my digestive system was not in a good mood, so I decided to work from home. I decided to take a few minutes of my lunch break (not that I am eating anything exciting) to post this.

I got a call from my wife who reminded me that I needed to call the bank to find out where my truck title is. I paid it off 2 years ago and I do not remember ever getting it. So I called the bank and was on hold for about 30 minutes and was disconnected. I was going to call back, but I cannot keep wasting minutes on calls like that.

Working from home is rather advantageous. Not only can I be very comfortable, but I can multitask a little easier. It also is quieter.

No comments: