Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I am getting tired of turkey and ... where is my e-mail?

OK, US Thanksgiving is a week behind us, and I have had turkey almost every day since then, and I am tired of it. Today my frozen pasta dinner will most likely taste like heaven :)

I have tried the turkey in a variety of ways but the most appealing has been in a burrito shell with salsa, jack cheese, and bacon bits -- microwaved for 45 seconds or so. Some sour cream helps, too.

Even the sides have taken a while to dissapear. The stuffing and green bean casserole were finished two nights ago and I am still working on the jellied cranberry sauce. Where is my son when I need THAT eaten quickly?

I got an e-mail (at work) from my wife who had gotten notice from a sister at church that my mistergeek e-mail has been bouncing back undeliverable. I had read that this is becoming more common, partly because the MAJOR network providers (who provide the service to ISP's) are not playing well with each other. Nonetheless, I gave my SiC (Sister in Christ) my gmail addy (since that never seems to fail) to use as a backup.

Yesterday morning I turned on my hobbled together linux server and it made horrible noise, eminating from the power supply. I walked away (since it takes a while to boot the old girl up in the morning) and when I got back to my home office, it was stuck on the boot screen. Nothing would restart it, so I pushed the reset button and waited. Same thing. Rut-roh. Well, I had no time to troubleshoot it at that time, so I went to work and posted a query, hoping to hear something. I receuved 1 suggestion .. reload the OS. I knew that was not a good thing to do FIRST, so when I got home, I swapped the PS with one I had as a spare and guess what? It booted! Now, the fan is louder, but it is a healthy loud, not like the screach from a bad PS, but a healthy loud whirring noise. it is gonna drive my wife nutz when I leave it on all day while I am at work, but I hope she can ignore it.

A fellow blogger, POKO, was kind enough to send me a notice that JAVA had a security update I needed to take, so I opened up the Java program on my firewall and took the update. Thanx POKO.

I have a doctors appt tomorrow regarding my sciatic nerve issue. I am hoping that some back adjustments can fix the issue, with a minimum of drug use. I have been taking what he gave me a few months ago, but only to show him that I am trying. it did not work the last time (he said take it for 10 days to see if that would ease the inflammation on the muscles around the nerve) but I decided to try again.

Ok enough for now. I am hoping to post some politcal ranting soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: