Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Day 2

I attend my second day of training at Hitachi today. This one will be dedicated to the CLI (Command Line Interface) as opposed to the GUI (Graphical User Interface) we were shown yesterday. While I understand quite a bit of this training, there are parts I need to get clarification on. I am not as talented as my colleagues, since a big part of my training has been in supervising technical teams, not performing the work of the teams.

Tonight is also care group night. I enjoy care groups very much, but my boss has said he wants to meet with all of his reports after training and I am not sure I can get out of that. Not that I do not want to go to this meeting, but I take my spiritual life seriously. Meeting with my Christian brothers and sisters on Wednesday is important to me.

Yesterday was election day in Texas. Prop 2 passed, so marriage is now between 1 man and 1 woman. The percentage that favored Prop 2 was around 75%. No need to tell you how I voted. There were other issues as well, issues dealing with mayoral power and other items, but Prop 2 was the one that drew people out. I waited 2 hours to vote and my scatia never issue was bothering me the entire time. I have noticed that whenever something is important to me, that problem will flare up. The Devil sure knows how to make it rough sometimes, but guess what...it did not work. I still voted.

1 comment:

Malori said...

Thank the Lord that marriage in Texas is only between one man and one woman!!! I wish I could've voted...it's so wonderful to hear that something like that happened!! :-)