Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Truck, an Old Dog, and a New Friend

Friday I called back to the bank to see what was going on with my truck title and found out that it was mailed to the NC DMV. The customer service rep for the bank has NO idea why, since they had our new address on record (they sent me a notice that my truck was paid for to that address and I got that...). I then went on the NC DMV web page and found out I would have to pay for a duplicate title. Well, I think that the bank will be paying that. I guess I can call them later on that. No major hurry yet.

When I got home my wife informed my our oldest dog was sick. He had diarrhea all day and had not eaten. We were afraid he my become dehydrated and also mess up the house, so we put up a gate across the utility room doorway so he would not wander and make a mess. We left him water and went to be. At 4 AM, my wife woke up to check on him and he had made a huge mess. She took him outside where he continued to make a huge mess on the patio. It was such a sad sight. My wife cleaned up the laundry room mess and I cleaned the patio. At 7 AM, I got up to check on our dog and had discovered that he had messed up the freshly cleaned utility room. I did not fuss, I just let him out and cleaned it up. My wife cleaned up the first mess, I took the second. When the vet opened, my wife called and made an appointment.

I did the vacuuming like I normally do, washed dishes and when that was done, I got cleaned up so my new friend Mike and I could check out the house he is looking at. It is only a couple of miles from here and looks pretty good. It needs some work mind you, but it looks sound enough. Mike is a good guy and he and his wife really want a house. I am praying that God wants them to have one as well. I know that if the time is not right, then God will not let it go through, but if God says it is time, then they will get it.

When I got back, my wife had returned from the vet. She was very upset. It seems that our dog had very bloody diarrhea after she got back. The vet thinks our dog has a parasite as well as an infection. He is on meds now and appears to be doing better this evening.

I finished the days chores by chopping down some seasonal plants that my neighbor asked me to cut. They grow like crazy during the summer. I got two large bags full of them.

Well, I need to go walk the sick dog. My wife is walking the other. Maybe when I get back, I can watch another episode of Space: Above and Beyond. I love that show. To bad they cancelled it.

No comments: