Thursday, January 31, 2008

What I REALLY Meant To Post

I am not sure why yesterday's post was so short. I had actually meant to include a few other things but instead of saving it, I posted it.

I took 8 vacation hours yesterday and went geocaching near Lake Lavon and picked up 6 there then grabbed 2 new ones in my town, as well as a puzzle cache I had solved a few weeks ago. It was hidden in the same type of location I had been looking at for some time but have not gotten around to using yet. Actually I did the local hides first then the lake.

One of the caches was pretty cool. It was called "20 questions" and required you to call a phone number and answer 20 geocaching related questions in order to get the coords. I did that at work the day before and then went yesterday to nab the cache. Fun stuff.

The hides at the lake were pretty basic but out far enough that they most likely will not get muggled. 4 of the 6 were hidden by 9key and the other two were hidden by a couple of less prolific but still quite talented cachers.

Yesterday's little foray boosted my total to 240 caches found. Not bad since I did 4 with friends and then did not start caching until the end of September and then I was not using a GPSr until a few weeks after that. Until I got the GPSr from a friend who is letting me borrow it indefinitely, I was just using Google Maps. if you want a challenge, cache without a GPSr. I think I got my first 30 or so via Google.

Even thoguh I took 8 vacation hours, I still was required to be on call that night, which did not bother me much. The week had been slow so far and the little geocaching outing on Wednesday helped break up the week. When I go back from caching I checked work and did not see anything pressing, so I cleaned up and took care of things until I had to go on call. When that time came around, one issue was handed over to me that enede up taking all night and as we speak still has not been resolved. I do not have to run it today since it has a daytime owner. I am just responsible for the on call at night.

No comments: