Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Note On The Break Room Wall

To summarize, the company I work for is trimming down the break room offerings. In the past they have provided tea (reg, decaf, herbal), coffee (reg and decaf), and hot chocolate (regular, sugar free, and mini marshmallow) as well as the cups and stir sticks to go along with them.

To paraphrase the note as best as I can, "we are moving to a more standardized offering for our break rooms. We will still provide regular and decaf coffee and tea, as well as regular hot chocolate. Hot water and napkins/paper towels will be provided as well. Feel free to bring in your own herb or specialty tea to enjoy during the day..."

Now my question is...are cups cups/stir sticks going to be provided? My sarcastic comment back is, "Why, how nice of you to a) allow me to bring in my own beverages and b) provide the hot water. You are so generous!"

I am grateful that they provide hot beverages...I really am. I have worked in places that made everyone pitch in to buy coffee and filters. And at least the break room has a table to sit at. At one time it didn't.

Just one more sign that companies are going to squeeze every dime they can out of us before they kick us to the curb :-)

No comments: