Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bits and Bytes

Brrrr...it is cold outside...okay so it is not as cold as it is in Canada, but for where I live the wind chill has not gotten above freezing all day. The actual air tem is only slightly above freezing. Needless to say I did not leave the building at lunch. No way. I have been living in TX long enough that I do not want to be cold.

I went to care group last night even though I did not really want to. It turned out well enough and I learned some interesting things (about our pastorl candidate) that I cannot post in this blog. Needless to say I am very shocked at the news and now I have to go to a meeting this evening to work through this issue. Sigh.

I got a very pleasant surprise this morning when I woke up. My wife walked both dogs (in below freezing temps) and did the dishes...all before 6 AM. Wow. I guess now I am going to have to do something nice for her :-)

Today, work has been busier than all last weeks days combined. I guess it was bound to happen. We had 10 days or so of slow and today we get busy.

I read an article that Time-Warner is considering charging for the amount of bandwidth their customers are using rather than just a flat monthly rate. Supposedly it will work similarly to mobile phone rate plans. That is going to suck. Why not just go after the people who are hogging all the bandwidth? Maybe this will be a good thing for us. We do not download much, unless I miss an episode of a TV that is broadcast on the web and if we pay for what we use per a pricing plan, maybe I can go to a lower usage plan and save money.

No comments: