Monday, January 14, 2008

Grilled Cheese Sammiches

SoBo came over on Saturday to have lunch with us. As I previously blogged, he wanted grilled cheese sandwichs since he had not had a good one in 2 years. We gladly obliged him.

I started that day off by doing a little Geocaching, picking up a couple that I had whiffed on in the past and grabbing a new one that had been placed in the area. I tried for a couple more, but I could not find part of the puzzle for one and the other I fell very sure has been muggled.

Since SoBo was coming over at noon, I had to cut my trip short, so I came home and waited for him. My wife got home a few minutes after I did and I helped her unload the groceries from the van. SoBo called after the van had been unloaded and told us he would be over in a few minutes.

SoBo and my wife ate grilled cheese while I ate some fish tacos that needed to be eaten before they went bad. For dessert we had SoBo's (and my wife's) favorite, cheesecake. That only added to his satisfaction. He stayed for a while (1.5 horus) and then left to go take care of things he needed to do before he returns to the east coast.

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning house. It is not my favorite past time but it needed done.

Sunday after church, SoBo met us at The Macaroni Grill for lunch. It had been a while since we had been there and we looked forward to eating some fresh Italian food while chattting SoBo. Unfortunately, the service was well below what we are used to and the food was only so-so. I was not even in the mood for Tiramisu!

After chatting with SoBo for a while longer, we went outside. We chatted a few more minutes then he gave me a hug good bye. I would not get a chance to see him again until I travel to WV this summer. Hopefully he will have his own place by then.

After lunch I contemplated going out and doing a couple of hours worth of geocaching, but I decided against it. Instead I stayed home and washed up a small mountain of dishes and read. I lead such an exciting life.

* By the way, SoBo is just short for "Soldier Boy". I do not use real names in my blog, only nicks and aliases.

No comments: