Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, Monday

The weekend has come and gone and with that, Monday is here...time for me to start my week on call or as prefer to call it, "house arrest". It appears that I get to be on house arrest during most of the month end closing reports, meaning that the likelihood of getting called just went up about 300%. Joy.

Now to be honest, it could be worse. While I am not happy at the fact that starting in March we are no call and do not get paid anything for it, at least I am employed...for now.

I had a mostly good weekend. Friday night I watched a few more episodes "Lost" (season one) and finally finished up the first season on Sunday night. Although I would have preferred to go out, finances will be tight until we can get some debt paid down. The good news is that we have made great progress and are on track to be debt free (sans the house) in a few months. However, to do that I have to make some massively huge payments (that we have budgeted for) during that time. The payments include all of our entertainment budget as well as part of our dining out budget. It is a small sacrifice but it will be worth it.

I did some geocaching (as I usually do on weekends) and had a pretty good time...snagging a total of 12 in two days. I could have had more but when I push myself I tend to make mistakes...sometimes ones that hurt!

Sunday was the usual Sunday school and church and our month church pot luck lunch (which was a soup and sandwich lunch and it was great!). Attendance was down due to several families leaving after last weeks rather heated business meeting. While they will be missed, I do not want to hold them back from doing what they see as they need to do. I wish them well.

I ended my weekend by finishing up season one of "Lost" and later talking to my mom. Not an overly exciting life, but I am not 20 anymore.

No comments: