Sunday, January 06, 2008

House Arrest

I am on my last night of house arrest (that is what my wife and I call on call) and I am glad that at least the weekend has been (mostly) quiet.

On Monday I only had one call and it was in regards to an issue that was already being worked on. Tuesday was a holiday but I still was on call. It was quiet. Wednesday I went in to the office for the first time in almost two weeks. It felt a little weird and I was still trying to get over my cold. I only had one important issue (and report) to deal with but there were a few calls that had to be fielded.

On Thursday there was a few more calls but it was the afternoon that was busy. It quieted down enough that I could go to the city council meeting that night.

Friday I did not feel great so I worked from home. I was busy all day and to make matters worse, I was unable to log on to the customer VPN from home. While I was able to do most of my work (I could still connect to our VPN), I had to rely on others to help with the other part. I hate relying on people to do my work.

The work on Friday never seemed to stop. At one point I had 4 open issues I was dealing with and the phone kept ringing. Finally by Friday night at 10:00, things calmed down.

I got up Saturday and went to our men's breakfast at church to listen to a local soldier returning from Iraq speak. I honestly did not think the message was appropriate but that is just my opinion.

After the breakfast was over I came home and cleaned the house and ate lunch. After lunch I picked around a while then decided to pick up a cache or two that were new (and close). While working on the first one I was called but due to traffic noise (it was close to a busy road) I missed the call. Luckily, the agent who called left a very detailed message. While it was not a case I would handle, I praised the guy for being thorough.

Once I handled that issue, I thought about going back out but decided against it. I ate dinner with my wife and watch a the last few episodes of "Heroes". I cannot wait for chapter 3!

Today was very typical with Sunday School, church, and lunch with my wife. I got home and changed clothes and kicked around the idea of going out after a few caches...mainly the ones I wanted to get the day before. To make a long story short, I went out, had a great time (it was good therapy and I did not get called from work), and got a milestone 200th cache from my favorite cacher, 9key. I took a few pics but I will only share one. It is a novelty cache, but it was pretty well hidden.

I am glad that today is my last night on call. It is really hard on the mind to live at the end of a toll free number 24 x 7 one week a month.

Whine Whine Whine

No comments: